Frequently Asked Questions
What is the contest period?
The contest period is from 3 May 2021 to 30 May 2021.
Who is eligible to join?
All active PropertyGuru members are eligible to join.
How can I join?
Any active PropertyGuru member who activates Spotlight for their listing, is automatically a contest participant.
How many categories are there within this contest?
There are 3 contest categories:
1) Spotlight in Outer Regions
2) Lucky Draw
3) New Spotlight Users
Is there a minimum requirement on the number of Spotlight Listings in order to join the contest?
Yes, a minimum of 5 Spotlight Listings is required in order to be eligible for the prizes within each contest category.
What if I had Spotlight a listing / Repost a Spotlight listing / activated Auto-Repost on a Spotlight listing, prior to the contest start date?
Any Spotlight listings activated before/beyond the Contest Period are invalid and not taken into account.
What is Category 1: Spotlight in Outer Regions?
The Spotlight in Outer Regions category is a bi-weekly contest whereby the participants who have the highest number of Spotlight listings in outer regions within the stated Weekly Period, will win a prize. There will be 1 winner per Package Category, per Weekly Period.
What are Outer Regions?
Outer Regions are regions outside of Kuala Lumpur, Selangor, Johor and Penang. They comprise of these regions: Negeri Sembilan, Perak, Melaka, Pahang, Kedah, Sarawak, Kelantan, Sabah, Terengganu, Perlis, Other.
What is the Weekly Period?
The Weekly Period is the weekly duration in which the no. of Spotlight listings activated is taken into account, to be in the running for the prize in Category 1 of this contest.
For Category 1: Spotlight in Outer Regions, can I win a prize in the subsequent week if I am the participant with the highest no. of Spotlight listings in outer regions during that period?
Participants in this category can only win once throughout the entire duration of the Spotlight in Outer Regions category. (e.g. If you are a winner in Week 1 - 2, you cannot win again in Week 3 - 4.) However, you will still be entitled to be in the running for the Lucky Draw category.
What are the Package Categories?
1) Lite / Standard Package
2) Advance Package
3) Premium Package
These Package Categories are applicable only to Category 1: Spotlight in Outer Regions.
What is Category 2: Lucky Draw?
Each participant who takes a Spotlight-related action within the contest period is automatically in the running for the Lucky Draw. The more Spotlight-related actions you have, the higher your chances of winning the lucky draw!
What are Spotlight-related actions?
Spotlight-related actions are when you:
i) Spotlight a listing
ii) Repost a Spotlight listing
iii) Auto-Spotlight a listing
How are the Lucky Draw winners selected?
15 winners will be selected on random basis, out of the pool of participants who have taken Spotlight-related actions throughout the contest period.
What is Category 3: New Spotlight Users?
The Top 3 participants who are New Spotlight Users and have the highest no. of Spotlight listings in outer regions throughout this contest period, will win a prize.
How do you define “New Spotlight Users”?
New Spotlight Users are participants who have not used Spotlight before within 1 November 2020 – 30 April 2021.
Is there a way I can check my ranking for each contest category?
For Category 1 (Spotlight in Outer regions), participants can view the Top 5 agents with the highest no. of Spotlight listings on our site here. For Category 2 (Lucky Draw) and Category 3 (New Spotlight Users), stay tuned for the winners announcement on our site.
How often will the leaderboard be updated for Category 1: Spotlight in Outer Regions?
The leaderboard will be updated once every 2 weeks, on 14 May and 28 May.
How will I be notified if I am the winner?
All winners will receive an SMS notification and be contacted by our Account Managers as part of the winner verification process. Once verified, all winners will be announced on our website here.
When will the winners be contacted?
Winners will be contacted via SMS and by our Account Managers according to the schedule below:
In the event that the initial shortlisted winners cannot be contacted (via phone or any other communication channels), PropertyGuru reserves the rights to contact the next shortlisted winners and declare them as the winners.
When will the winners be announced?
Winners will be announced according to the schedule below:
How can I claim my prizes?
All prizes will be delivered to winners via courier, by or before 30 June 2021. Winners will be required to provide mailing details and proof of identity to our Account Managers, during the winner verification process.
Can I request to exchange the prize for cash or something else of similar value?
Prizes are not exchangeable for cash or other items. Should there be any issues arising due to defaults by the vendor or third-party supplier, PropertyGuru is entitled to replace the Prizes with other prizes of the same value without prior notification, at our sole and absolute discretion.
What if the prizes were damaged during the delivery process?
PropertyGuru shall not be liable for any losses or damages which occur during the Prizes delivery process.
Terms & Conditions
Contest Period & Entry Criteria
• This Contest will commence from 3 May 2021 – 30 May 2021 at 11:59PM
• All active PropertyGuru agents will automatically be eligible to be a contest Participant with no extra charge.
• By participating in this Contest, the Participant agrees to comply with all the terms & conditions of this Contest and all decisions made by the Organiser.
• Any Ad Credit usage tied to Spotlight related activities by the Participant that is beyond the Contest Period is deemed invalid.
• Ad Credits usage tied to Spotlight related activities includes: Spotlight a new listing, Repost a Spotlight listing, Auto-Spotlight a listing.
• Spotlight listings within outer regions include these regions: Negeri Sembilan, Perak, Melaka, Pahang, Kedah, Sarawak, Kelantan, Sabah, Terengganu, Perlis, Other
• Spotlight in Outer Regions Category (3 winners per every 2 weeks x 2 times = 6 winners in total) [“Category 1”]:
• Category 2: Lucky Draw (x15 winners)
- Period: 3 May 2021 – 30 May 2021
• Category 3: New Spotlight User (x3 winners)
- Period: 3 May 2021 – 30 May 2021
• All Contest details including but not limited to, Contest Period, Prizes, Winners, Terms & Conditions, will be updated at this website (www.agentofferings.com.my/menangdenganspotlight).
• If a participant has won once within Category 1, they are not eligible to win again in subsequent Weekly Period. Each Category 1 Winner can only win once throughout the Category 1 contest.
• Category 1 Winners will remain eligible to be in the running for the Category 2: Lucky Draw and Category 3: New Spotlight User.
• Should there be any ties between Participants in each category, the Winner will be defined by the highest no. of Ad Credits used on Spotlight activities since 1 Jan 2021 to 30 May 2021.
Winners will be selected based on the following:
a. For Spotlight in Outer Regions Category – At the end of every Weekly Period, the eligible Participant (by Package type) will be shortlisted based on the highest number of Spotlight listings within outer regions, during the particular Weekly Period. [“Selected Participants Cat 1”]
b. For Lucky Draw Prize Contest Category – Winners will be selected after the end of the Contest Period. The eligible Participant will be shortlisted based on Lucky Draw criteria. Each Spotlight action type taken during the entire Contest Period equals to 1 chance for the lucky draw. Spotlight action includes activating Spotlight for a listing, reposting a Spotlight listing and activating Auto-Spotlight for a listing. [“Selected Participants Cat 2”]
c. For New Spotlight User Category– Winner will be selected after the end of the Contest Period. The eligible Participant will be shortlisted based on below 2 criteria:
i) Participant has not used Spotlight before within 1 November 2020 – 30 April 2021
ii) Participant has the highest number of Spotlight listings within outer regions, during the entire Contest Period [“Selected Participants Cat 3”]
Selected Participant will be contacted based on the following schedule:
In the event that the Selected Participants in Cat 1, Cat 2 or Cat 3 cannot be contacted (via phone or any other communication channels), the Organizer reserves the rights to contact the next Selected Participants in each category and declare this Selected Participant as a winner.
Prizes & Redemption
• A total of twenty-four (24) Prizes to be won.
• Images of the Prizes shown in any promotional materials or publicities relating to this Contest are solely for illustrative purposes only and my not depict the actual Prizes.
• The Organizer is not responsible for all liabilities arising from any deferment, cancellation, delay or changes to the Prizes details or any unforeseen circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Organizer and for any act or default by any vendor or third-party supplier.
• Prizes are not exchangeable for cash. The Organizer shall be entitled to replace the Prizes with other prizes of the same value without prior notification at its sole and absolute discretion.
• The Organizer shall not be liable for any losses or damages which occur during the Prizes redemption/delivery process. Any other additional costs (for example: travel expenses) involved to redeem/collect the Prizes shall be fully borne by the Winner.
• Redemption/fulfilment of all Prizes is to be completed by/before 30 June 2021.
• The Organizer shall not be liable for any defects or misuse of the Prizes, or to any claims, liabilities, losses or damages in connection with this Contest.
• The Selected Participants will be contacted by the Organizer based on the contact information as per registered in the participants active PropertyGuru account.
• All Prizes are non-transferable.
• Winner must claim their Prizes from the Organizer or within the time specified notified by the Organizer (via WhatsApp or any other communication channels) after the end of the Contest Period. In the event the Winner fails to claim the Prizes, the Organizer reserves the right to forfeit the Prizes and award the Prizes to another Winner.
• Winner that require a representative to claim their Prizes on their behalf must ensure that their representative provide a letter of authorization issued by the Winner along with a copy of the Winner and the representative’s valid identification document.
Rights of the Organizer
• By participating in this Contest, the Participant give their consent to the Organizer to publish and use their names for advertising, marketing, publicity and/or any other purpose, without any prior notice nor compensation to the Participant/Winner.
• If for any reason this Contest is unable to proceed as planned, the Organizer reserves the right to amend, postpone, suspend or terminate the contest at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice.
• The Organizer reserves the right to disqualify a participant if there are reasonable reasons to believe that the participant has violated the terms and conditions of this competition and/or PropertyGuru’s Terms of Purchase.
• The Organizer reserves the right to amend the Contest Terms and Conditions at any time at its sole and absolute discretion without prior notice.
• All decisions made by the Organizer in relation to this Contest, including but not limited to, shortlisting, Winners selection, Prizes and forfeiture of Prizes are final. Any correspondence or appeal will not be entertained. The selection of the Winner is subject to the entry eligibility and criteria specified and determined at the Organizer’s sole discretion.